“In our testing of Yellowbrick, we compared the performance of a six-rack system to the 11” baseline Yellowbrick system. And performance was anywhere from 3 to 50 to 100 times faster.” – SaaS Analytics Provider
- Run mixed analytic workloads all the time
- Eliminate time-consuming job scheduling, tuning, and maintenance tasks
- Expand the system by adding capacity and compute without downtime
- Replace racks of hardware with a turn-key appliance
- Rest easy with remote monitoring and 24x7 support
Power from simplicity, performance without tuning
Yellowbrick Data aims to make analytics and data warehousing simple. It replaces complex legacy data warehouses with a turn-key system that uses only 12 inches of rack space. Yellowbrick is simple to manage, eliminating tasks that consume hours of IT and DBA time, all while improving service levels and the quality of insight to business users.
Enterprise-grade without compromise
The Yellowbrick Data Warehouse offers a fully featured enterprise-grade database that finally delivers all the capabilities modern enterprises require. It is not NoSQL, it isn’t “eventually consistent,” and it does not have the restrictions traditional data warehouses have. Some data warehouses run single types of workloads well, but they cannot handle mixed workloads. Others can ingest bulk data but not real-time inserts or do not implement fully ACID transactions. Yellowbrick does it all.
With the Yellowbrick Data Warehouse, enterprises can:
- Run mixed workloads, all the time: Run ad-hoc queries with large batch queries, business reports with ETL processes, bulk loads with ODBC inserts, or all of these at the same time.
- Change workload priority and mix, on the fly: Slow jobs no longer result in a fire drill. Administrators can re-prioritize running workloads at any time and configure alerts to know when unexpected things are happening.
- Stop scheduling DBA jobs: The Yellowbrick Database eliminates the need for DBAs to spend hours tuning, optimizing statistics, and scheduling queries. Say goodbye to analyzing tables and vacuuming storage.
- Spend less time tuning: Data indexing is automatic. The core engine is so fast it plows through data at unprecedented rates. Ad-hoc workloads on the Yellowbrick Database run faster than heavily-tuned, indexed queries on other databases.
- Shrink the footprint: Forget fork-lifting racks. The Yellowbrick Data Warehouse takes 12 inches of rack space and simply plugs in and works. It dramatically reduces floor space, power, and cooling costs, while using less hardware to reduce failure rates and make management easier.
Simple to deploy, maintain, and expand
The Yellowbrick Data Warehouse turn-key design and standard services get customers up and running quickly to ensure continuous operations without worry. Features and services include:
- Same-day deployment: It’s common to have a Yellowbrick Data Warehouse up and running in a couple of hours, with standard reporting, BI and data mining, and ETL tools running against the system later the same day.
- Seamless migration and ecosystem integration: The Yellowbrick Database uses standard SQL compatible with the PostgreSQL dialect. ODBC, JDBC, and ADO.NET connectors enable it to integrate seamlessly with existing applications and tools.
- Increased uptime: The Yellowbrick Data Warehouse is highly-available. There is no single point of failure in the system, and modern technologies such as erasure coding provide higher guarantees against data loss than existing data warehouses.
- Expansion without downtime: Increase capacity and performance by simply inserting more Analytic Blades into the system. Data is redistributed in the background, and the new capacity is instantly available.
- Graphical management: Administrators can view comprehensive system information through the Yellowbrick Management Console, scriptable command line tools, and systems tables. This information can be consumed by existing IT systems management and APM software through standard protocols.
- Remote monitoring: Yellowbrick Customer Support provides advanced 24x7 predictive monitoring services that proactively find and identify problems.
- Committed to your success: Should anything go wrong, Yellowbrick Data handles it. Our online Yellowbrick Customer Center and live Customer Success team are available 24x7 to answer questions. In the unlikely event that a component fails, Yellowbrick Data ensures it is promptly replaced.
Learn how Yellowbrick can give you a powerful data warehouse that is also easier to manage and maintain. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download the PDF here.
About Yellowbrick Data
Yellowbrick Data empowers companies to make faster decisions with all of their data. Built for enterprises and the hybrid cloud, the Yellowbrick Data Warehouse deploys powerful analytics anywhere, with best in-class economics. Find out what you can achieve today at yellowbrick.com.